Monday 23 October 2017

[Review] The SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Patch

I've seen the SAEM counter so many times, but I've never been interested in trying out their product before because I've rarely heard anything about them, plus their counter is always empty - unlike inisfree who always filled with people.

the SAEM is a South Korean cosmetic brand that emphasize their eco-friendly way of producing cosmetics by only using natural and recyclable materials. Despite being a Korean cosmetic brand, their brand isn't as hyped as inisfree, laneige, sulwhasoo, etude, and other korean cosmetic brand that is currently on the rise recently. I tried to search more about this brand, but I found very little review of their products. Even they didn't take care of their official website (I tried to access the official Indonesian SAEM website, but they have very little information about their product, branch, etc.)

Last week, I developed a cystic acne in my left cheek due to eating inappropriately. The acne was big, deep and quite red. So when I visited the SAEM counter, I decided to try out their acne patch called The SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Patch. The store attendant tried to sell me their Red Solution & Dark Solution, but since I already use Tea Tree Oil, I only bought the patch. I actually have no experience in using acne patch before, so this will be the first.





The control patch cost me around Rp 89.000 and contains 24 transparent stickers in 2 different size. Here is what it promised and how to use it from the packaging:

Features
The hydrocolloid type spot patch minimizes the formation of scars and helps heal wounds faster by maintaining a moist wound environment.

How to Use 
1) Attach on patch per session or per several sessions on a wounded area. 
2) Change patches when the attached patch swells and turns white due to the exudation phenomenon of wounds.

Content: 24 patch (12 big & 12 small)

Price: Rp 89.000 / $ 6.6

Ingredients: Unfortunately, I cannot find any information about the complete ingredients.

I tried this patch to heal my cystic acne that just started to develop. I use this overnight and during the day for two days, and here is what I experienced.

The patch are transparent and has a gel-like substance in the center. When I put it in my face, it disappears and invisible in the skin. there is no discomfort feeling while wearing this. I can wear this  after skincare before makeup without it being noticeable. But I suggest that you don't wear heavy makeup over the patch. I've tried to use this after makeup but it won't stick to the skin well.

The instruction says that we should remove the patch when it swell and turns white. it did not really tells the exact duration. My patch didn't turns white at all. I remove the patch whenever I wake up before I take a shower and before I go to bed. I think this is probably because my acne has no whiteheads, so it has no whiteheads to absorbs.

Every time I open the patch, I notice that my acne is getting smaller. However, it does not reduce the redness. But usually the redness will be toned down after a couple of hours after removing the patch. I think this is partly because my skin is very sensitive to anything that sticks in the skin such as band aid and patches.

However, despite the redness it causes, I like how it helps reduce the size of my acne faster. Whenever I have cystic acne in the past, usually it will be in my skin for weeks, but this patches help my acne heals faster in only days. I also notice that when I have a developing acne, it usually feel itchy (and thus makes me feels like I want to touch it to relieve the itchiness), and those itchy feeling is gone when I apply this patch. I will definitely repurchase this patches in the future.

Pros:
- Reduce the size of acne and heals it faster
- Help conceal the acne and looks invisible on the skin
- Help reducing the itchy feeling in acne
- Prevent the acne from being infected further by pollution
- Non-drying
- Does not leave any sticky residue in the skin
- Easy to apply and remove

Cons:
- Does not reduce redness
- Might cause temporary redness for those who are sensitive to band aid and other sticky substances
- A little bit expensive compared to other patch
- No complete information on ingredients

Rating: 3.75/5

Repurchase? Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment