Saturday 21 October 2017

[Review] Garnier Pure Active Anti Acne White Acne & Oil Clearing Scrub

I was never a fan of Garnier before, because I thought their product has too much chemical. My first Garnier exposure was Garnier White Complete which irritates my skin. But not until my sister bought this Garnier Pure Active Anti Acne White Clearing Scrub, and I decided to try hers and I was surprised on how it clears out my skins. So I decided to buy one my own and replace my cleanser with this.




Garnier Pure Active comes in to version: Foam & Scrub. I've tried both but I prefer the scrub over the foam since the scrub clears out the skin better. Garnier Pure Active is Garnier's skin care line which targets oily skin with its Salicylic Acid, and it claims to fight 12 skins problem which are:

1. Blackheads
2. Open pores
3. Uneven skin tone
4. Roughness
5. Darkness
6. Dullness
7. Acne
8. Acne mark
9. Clogged pores
10. Excess oil
11. Pollution dirt
12. Make-up residue

Price: $2

Amount: 100ml

Ingredients: Aqua (Solvent), Glycerin (Solvent, Moisturizer), Myristic Acid (Fragrance, Emulsifier), Palmitic Acid (Emollient, Emulsifier), Stearic Acid (Viscosity Control, Emulsifier), Potassium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Lauric Acid (Emulsifier), Glyceryl Distearate (Antistatic, Emollient, Emulsifier), Polythylene (Viscosity Control), Glyceryl Stearate (Emollient, Emulsifier), Kaolin, CI-77289 (Pigment), PEG-14M (Viscosity Control), Salicylic Acid (Exfoliator, Whitening), Tetrasodium EDTA, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Parfum

My Experience

I fell in love with this cleanser since the first time I use this. My skin felt so clean after first use. It does not leave any residue like my previous cleanser. The cleanser is a thick creamy white with a transparent micro beads. The scrubs aren't too harsh on the skin and it clears out make up pretty well. It has a citrus-like smell which I'm quite fine with. However, there is nothing screams natural about the scent.

The only downside of this cleanser is when my skin is dry, it's a little bit stinging around the nose. And I wouldn't really recommend it using it for more than 30-45 seconds or we'll end up over-drying our skin. Since this can be quite drying, it will only work for oily skin.

After regularly using this, I noticed that I got less acne that I usually have. The redness in my skin is less noticeable, and it makes my skin more brighter and cleaner. Everytime I was about to get acne, it will dries up faster than it used to be. The best part is it only cost like $2 for 100ml and it will last for around 4-5 month since you only need a small amount of it each use. I've been using this religiously since 2014 and until now, I haven't changed to other cleanser.

Verdict

Pros of Garnier Pure Active Claring Scrub:
- Very cheap price
- Available at almost all supermarket & drugstore
- Help reduce redness and acne
- Brighten the skin, and improve the overall skin condition
- Clears out skin pretty well, skin feels squeaky clean after use

Cons:
- Can be a little bit drying (only can be used for oily skin)
- Might not be suitable for sensitive skin
- High in fragrance
- Very chemical feels

Rating: 4.5/5

Repurchase? Yes! I've been repurchased this ever since I met this.


10 comments:

  1. How many times a day should this be used?? Thanks ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once a week

      Delete
    2. The foam one can be used daily. I use it. But the scrub, once or twice a week

      Delete
  2. Twice a week as it says on the packaging. Also as said by a dermatologist available at the drugstore that i bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it safe to use it daily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nooo, use the scrub only once or twice a week

      Delete
  4. can we use it daily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exfoliating your skin daily may cause irritation that may worsen your acne problem. Try using it once or twice a week.

      Delete