Sunday 1 April 2018

[Review] The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalizing Facial Oil

I've been eyeing this range since it was launched. I was drawn by its beautiful packaging and name, it looks like a promising range. But I didn't get it first hand because I though this one was more appropriate for mature, aging skin. Besides, I already have oily skin, why do I have to smears another oil in my face?

But after hitting my mid-20s and approaching 30s, where usually sign of age started to shows, I was thinking about adding a skincare which helps me prevents fine lines. Using anti aging cream was way too overkill for me, and what I need was to nourish my face with a lot of antioxidants to help fights early stage of aging. After I read about the benefit of facial oil in face, and after I use olive oil in my face (will be reviewed soon). I decided to try this out, I bought these while it was discounted 25% off. And here is my experience:

Price: Rp 749.000 / Rp 599.000 ($54 / $44), I got the 50ml for 25% off, around $41 on August 2017

Amount: 50ml / 30ml

Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil/Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent - Occlusive), Camelina Sativa Seed Oil (Emollient), Rosa Canina Fruit Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Nigella Sativa Seed Oil (Emollient), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate (Antioxidant), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil/Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary Leaf ) Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), Origanum Majorana Leaf Oil (Refreshing Agent), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil/Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil (Natural Additive), Lavandula Hybrida Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Peel Oil/Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil (Fragrance Ingredient).

My Experience

Now can we talk about the ingredients first? This oil consisted of so many oils. These are the ones that I recognise sorted by the highest concentration first:
- Olive Oil, which I think is one of the most recognizable and famous beauty oil full of antioxidant and vitamin
- Jojoba Oil, the oil that our skin naturally produce, helps control oily and acne prone skin
- Camelina Oil, which is high in vitamin E and omega 3
- Rosehip Oil (Rose Canina Fruit), a dry oil which helps in lessening acne marks, and dry patches
- Camellia Oil, full of omega 6 lineloic fatty acid, and contains a lot of cell rebuilding compounds (collagen & elastin) which helps with dry patches, sunburn, and aging skin aging
- Black Cumin Oil (Nigella Sativa), which packed with vitamins, minerals, omega 3 fatty acids, omega 6 fatty acids, and amino acids. Helps reduce fine lines & wrinkles, acne scars, rosacea and calm down bruises.

Now that's a lot! I really appreciate that they included all of those beneficial oil in this one bottle. Although, I'm a little bit skeptical since they use Olive oil as the first ingredients (It's cheap, and it is  considered a little bit heavy for face).

However, the oil is not too heavy (unlike pure olive oil which can be hard to absorb), it is surprisingly lightweight, and sinks into the skin with a little massaging. It has a slight scent which I don't really mind at all.

I'm working and sleeping with air conditioner, so sometimes my skin can be a little dry. I only use it at night before sleep after my serum and before moisturizer. This oil really help me maintain my skin hydration throughout the night (since sometimes, I can woke up with dry skin due to the air conditioner). At the first time of using it, I woke up with a nourished and hydrated skin. And after a continued use, I notice that my skin is more supple, healthy, hydrated and more even-toned. It does not brighten my complexion, but it gives a healthy glow which brighten the looks of the skin.

Even though this range was marketed for a more mature skin, but it does not feel heavy at all. And if u have dry skin and does not mind of using facial oil, you will appreciate what this oil can do to you. I have oily skin this oil makes my skin so happy! So far I think this is one of a great investment to my skin, I do not know how does this oil do to fine lines & wrinkles since I don't have any, but it has make my skin so much healthier and nourished. I believe that the key of fighting wrinkles is about prevention than treating, and I'm positive this oil does the job in preventing with all of the antioxidant it has. However, don't forget to always patch first before using oils in the face (use at the neck and wait 1-2 days to see if you have allergic reaction to it).

And despite its high price, it last forever. Since I only need a sheer amount if it every night, I have used it for 4 months and it's still around 85-90% full, I wonder if can use it up before it expires.

Verdict

Pros of The Body Shop Oils of Life Facial Oil:
- Intensely hydrates skins
- Contains a lot of beneficial oil and antioxidant
- Widely available at The Body Shop counters
- Improve skin texture
- Makes skin more even toned, healthy and glowing
- One bottle will last a long time (I barely used 10% of it despite using it regularly for 4 months)

Cons of The Body Shop Oils of Life Facial Oil:
- Too expensive! But it last a long time.
- Not travel-friendly at all
- Might too heavy for daytime use
- Consist a lot of fragrance

Rating: 4/5

Repurchase? Probably yes. But will probably try cheaper facial oils first.

No comments:

Post a Comment