Sunday 8 October 2017

[Review] The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask

I bought this one when I traveled to Surabaya and saw this on promo. I am always triggered with anything that has a "Charcoal" label, and I decided to give it a try. This mask is definitely not in the cheap range, the original price is $28, but I bought this at about $18 on its launch.




Size: 75ml
Price: Rp 329.000 / $ 28
Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Kaolin, Moroccan Lava Clay, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Alcohol Denat., Camellia Sinensis Leaf, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Pumice, Argania Spinosa Shell Powder, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Parfum/Fragrance, Charcoal Powder, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Limonene, Linalool, Methylpropanediol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Menthol, Disodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil/Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Citric Acid, Menthoxypropanediol, Citral, Geraniol, Coumarin, Caramel.

*Ingredients that can cause irritation are highlighted in red


The consistency of the mask is like a mud mask. It's not too thick nor too runny and just perfect to blend out easily. It works similar with GlamGlow mud mask and Inisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore. You don't need to apply a thick layer with this mask. Apply just a thin layer in your skin will  do just fine. When applied to the skin, it will stings a bit and it will dry quickly. I usually wait until the dry parch darken as it's absorbs the oil from our pores. Then wash with warm water and exfoliate the skin until there are no residue left. It might be a little bit hard to completely wash it with cold water, you can use warm towel to help remove the remaining mask.

I loove the squeaky clean feeling that I get after using this mask. My skin felt brighter and cleaner. It helps removing some of the blackhead thus my pores also looks smaller. (Some, since it does not remove it completely but enough to make it noticeable). I never know that mask can remove blackhead without having to be painful like a blackhead peel mask. In fact I didn't expect this mask to do that job.

What I realise is that every time I use this mask, the redness in my skin is toned down, and acnes dried up quickly.

I really fell in love with this mask. Despite the high price, it obviously delivers what it claims and the jar last forever! Mine already last for 1 year and still contains around 50-70%. Well it probably because I didn't use it weekly, but even if I did I think this will last for about 1 year. It didn't loose its texture and quality even if you store it for a long time.

Verdict

It's a must buy for those have oily and acne prone skin who are looking for an exfoliating mask that will help remove blackheads, oils, dry acnes and reduce redness. For those who have dry and sensitive skin, I suggest that you stay away from this mask.

Just remember not to use this too excessively so we will not strip the natural oils in our face and over drying it.

Pro:
- Remove blackheads & oils
- Clean pores and reduce pore size
- Dries acnes and reduce acne redness
- Quantity, 1 jar last for a long time
- Exfoliate, skin feels smoother and cleaner
- Value for its price

Cons: 
- Price can be high to buy for the first time, but the quantity and quality will not disappoint you
- Might stings a little bit when applied to the skin
- Can be hard to wash off completely using cold water

Rating: 5/5
Repurchase? Yes definitely will add this to my permanent skin care.

No comments:

Post a Comment