Friday 13 October 2017

[Review] Oriflame Optimals Even Out CC Face Cream SPF 20 Review

As a woman with a super sensitive and acne-prone skin. I'm always skeptical with 2-in-1, 3-in-1 and all-in-one cosmetics. So when BB cream was a hit, I never consider to buy one. However, when Oriflame launched Optimals Even Out CC Face Cream, I was so curious to try it. Since it was on a discount and only cost around $8-10 at that time, I decided to buy one. And now I ended up repurchasing it 3 times since 2015, and has include it in my daily routine. Here's my complete review.



Price: Rp 198.000 / $15

Amount: 50ml

Ingredients: AQUA, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, SODIUM CHLORIDE, STEARIC ACID, PARFUM, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PROPYLPARABEN, DISODIUM EDTA, RUMEX OCCIDENTALIS EXTRACT, HYDROGEN DIMETHICONE, HYDROLYZED CRANBERRY FRUIT/LEAF EXTRACT, PHENOXYETHANOL, BHT, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, CI 77891, CI 77492, CI 77491

To use: Apply appropriate amount and blend it well to the skin

My Experience

The reason why I bought this because I wanted to find a replacement for Pure Skin Hide & Treat which Oriflame decided to discontinue. Since I was looking for an item which can reduce the redness and uneven skintone, which Even Out claims to cover, I decided to try it out.

This CC cream only available at 2 shades, light and medium. I bought the medium shades yet the color was still too bright. However, it blends easily in the skin, and does not leave any grey cast.

When I first try it out, I was impressed by how good the coverage is, yet it still feels light on the skin. It blends in with the skin really well, which makes you look like wearing no makeup, and gives your skin a natural glow. It doesn't wear out that easily, it still stays on even at night, and even if your skin had contact with water several times. However, in terms of oil control, this CC cream doesn't do that much. But nothing a blotting paper can't fix, so you might want to bring that along with you.

I didn't experience any break out at all, in fact, I notice that after using it daily, my skin texture improved a lot, I think there is some skin care properties inside it.

Overall, I'm very impressed with this CC cream, I have included this in my daily routine and have repurchased this 3-4 times. The best part of this CC cream is that, you do not need a lot to get a good coverage, and one bottle can last up to 7-8 months!

Verdict

Pros:
- Easy to blend
- Very nice coverage for daily wear
- Very good staying power, still looks good after 10+ hours
- Reduce redness and even out the skin tone pretty well
- Generous quantity, one bottle last around 7-8 months even if I use it daily

Cons:
- Average oil control
- Contains paraben
- Only available via Oriflame consultant
- Limited shades available

Rating: 4.75/5

Repurchase? I would. But unfortunately Oriflame has discontinued this CC cream. This is the third time Oriflame discontinued my favorite product. I think I will stop using their product since they can be discontinued anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment